I was chatting with an aesthetician inside TSS. Let’s call her “Jane” for the purpose of this conversation. And Jane asked me to take a look at her Instagram account to see if there was anything she could do to improve. And I look at Instagram accounts all.the.time inside of TSS. Overall, things looked fairly solid…her profile was optimized, she was writing her captions in a way that could be easily read, her images were pretty and well lit, she was using hashtags…
Her IG was good, BUT I gave her some ideas on how she could take her content and marketing from good to GREAT…today I’m going to share some insights from those recommendations.
People talk a lot about how to grow on social media. What are the latest and greatest hacks and tactics. BUT all the growth hacking in the world will not out-punt good, solid credibility-building content that positions you as the authority and expert in whatever your speciality is.
7 different types of content you could be using
- Carousel posts with tips and steps for your followers to swipe through.
- Direct-to-camera videos where you are teaching.
- Behind-the-scenes videos where you are showing in-action shots.
- Personal letter style emails
- Email opt-in showcasing a hero piece of content or training
- Weekly/monthly proprietary content: Blogging, podcast, YouTube
Links mentioned in this episode:
The Skin Socialite Waitlist: heatherterveen.com/join